Friday, October 28, 2011

10 Things I Learned From My First Attempt at Freezer Cooking


Sent to you via Google Reader

10 Things I Learned From My First Attempt at Freezer Cooking

Guest post by Jessica from The Abundant Wife

I have been following Money Saving Mom® for over a year now, and I have long been curious about the concept of Freezer Cooking. As I was creating my meal plan for this week, I looked on Crystal's website for some Freezer Cooking Recipes. It was then that I realized that her recipes were not all that different from recipes that I already use. This was a new idea to me!

Then I reviewed her instructions for how to begin Freezer Cooking. I had always imagined Crystal gathering with her friends to cook all their meals for the month together.  I was surprised to see that Freezer Cooking can be done any time of day, and does not require a team of cooks.  Here are the top ten things I learned from Freezer Cooking for the first time:

1. Freezer Cooking can be done using what you already have in your kitchen, with recipes your family already enjoys.

That big pot of soup you made for dinner? Just freeze the leftovers in individual meal sizes, and pop it in the freezer. Voila! Now you're freezer cooking!

2. Freezer Cooking can be done at any time during the day.

I made my soup for dinner, and prepared Mexican rice (to freeze) at the same time.

3. Freezer Cooking reduces anxiety.

You don't have to experience stress at 5 p.m., wondering what to make for dinner or if you'll have time to cook it.

4. Freezer Cooking simplifies meal planning.

When you are making your weekly meal-plan and grocery list, you can count on some meals already in your freezer.

5. Freezer Cooking reduces waste.

You don't have to wor...



Sent from Monica L. Hawkins iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment