Monday, February 20, 2012

Video Blog: How to encourage children to become givers


Sent to you via Google Reader

Video Blog: How to encourage children to become givers

In this last video with Chris Seay (see all of our previous videos here, if you missed them), I ask him for practical advice and suggestions for teaching your children to become givers and to teach them to be grateful for what they have.

Teaching our children to be givers is something that my husband and I so much for our own three children. And we've been encouraged to see that our oldest is definitely "getting it".

However, there are still many times when our children complain about having to give things up in order to give to others. And there are also other times when the entitlement mentality rears it's head and, instead of being grateful, they are discontent.

I asked Chris if his children complained throughout the 40-day fast from excess. He has a great answer for that question and some practical ideas that inspired me as I continue to try to instill a servant's heart in my children.

If you are a parent or are someone who works with children, I think you'll be especially blessed by this short video clip:

Interview w. Money Saving Mom Part 4 from Chris Seay on Vimeo.

Have you been inspired by this video series with Chris Seay? Be sure to



Sent from Monica L. Hawkins iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment