Wednesday, November 2, 2011

How to Give Generously through Couponing


Sent to you via Google Reader

How to Give Generously through Couponing

Guest post by Kelly from Fru-Gal

I have been couponing for a little over two years now and it has become a complete way of life for me and my family. Not only does it save us hundreds of dollars a year on our grocery, drugstore, and clothing budgets, but it has enabled us to give abundantly to people in need on a regular basis!

The relative ease in acquiring free products through couponing, playing the "drugstore game," taking advantage of daily deal sites, and signing up for freebies quickly replenishes my stockpile each month. Therefore, I have become more creative and proficient in how I use these freebies to bless others in times of natural disaster or personal crisis:

1. Disaster Relief Boxes

Natural disasters are a continuous reality in our fallen world. We've seen this clearly over the past year with the tornadoes in Tuscaloosa and Joplin, the unbelievable tsunami in Japan, and flooding in Minot and most recently the Northeast. Monetary donations are always very helpful during these disasters, but personally, I have been able to give more and more frequently through donating actual needed items from my stockpile.

After a natural disaster, I research online for organizations accepting items and try to specifically donate what they are asking for. Usua...



Sent from Monica L. Hawkins iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment